Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Humanity Insanity

How can there possibly be this huge spectrum of personalities?  Today this adorable older gentleman bought roses for all the girls in my pharmacy.  We hadn't done anything special for him.  He just wanted to show his appreciation for everyhing we had previously done.  Today this other less than adorable older gentleman called me autocratic (which I honestly thought was a made up word until later) when I wouldn't give him more medication than the doctor had allowed.  After much badgering back and forth, I explained that our conversation was over.  He could choose to leave or he could keep trying to convince me to break the law to save him money.  However, I did explain that if he did continue to loudly and rudely express his distaste for my decision, he would be asked to leave and not return.  His answer to that was, "Screw You" which I didn't take kindly to and banned him from the pharmacy.  In the ROYGBIV of rainbows (you know....red orange yellow green blue indigo violet) one of them was definitely red and the other my favorite color; violet.  I was assured by the staff that he had caused them grief in the past and had actually made a few of the staff members cry.  But even so...is it possible that he is just mean?  He has a wife...why did she choose him if he is always so crabby?  Is there more to him that for some reason we have been unable to see?  Are some people just less nice?
So I guess my goal is to be the violet kind of person...and try to avoid being in the presence of (and actually just being) a red.  Perhaps we can all learn from my adorable older gentleman and send out some random acts of kindness so when others look back on their day, they can see the shades of purple that are hiding those shades of red.
And on another random tangent....when it looks like life has handed you the impossible, remember this.

1 comment:

  1. Nice story and good message. Thanks for your support on my blog!

    ReplyDelete