Monday, February 14, 2011

From one mom to another

Last October a young man went missing.  His family did amazing things to assist in the search to find him.  They put up posters, made videos, and put up a billboard along the highway.  Because of them, I feel like I knew him.  Police spent the last four months sifting through information and have finally made a break in the case.  They arrested two suspects on the weekend and unidentified male remains were found on the farm that police have been repeatedly searching. 
I didn't know Rob Vicente.  I had never heard of him or his family.  For some reason his disappearance affected me.  I saw posters of his face in the post office, gas station, and grocery store.  His mom was on the news talking about him.  His friends posted information about his personality and his childhood.  I found myself hoping his disappearance was a miscommunication...a mistake.
The police have known for a long time that he was no longer alive.  His family had been told.  I'm sure that didn't keep them from hoping that they were wrong.  Today that hope is gone.  I am so happy that they have some closure and that they don't have to go on wondering what happened to their son.  But one mom to another, my heart aches for his mother.  He was her baby.  I'm sure she rocked him, taught him his colors, and helped him to ride a bike.  His death was senseless.  I can't imagine their pain. 
I'm so sorry that it all ended this way.  I am sorry that the answers that they received were not those that they were looking for.  I hope for justice for their son....and eventually peace for their family. 
My thoughts are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment